Position: Supply Chain Administrator
Division: Alabama Graphite Products, LLC
Location: Kellyton, AL, United States
Date posted: 1/26/2022
GENERAL PURPOSE: Oversee and manage overall supply chain and logistics operations to maximize efficiency, reduce risk, and minimize cost of organization’s supply chain. Work effectively with the plant and corporate teams, engineering, and accounting to deliver on supply chain and sourcing outcomes. This position reports to Vice President Operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate SAFETY, Cost Management, and Integrity as a core value by actively leading, teaching, and training our team.
- Responsible for planning, coordinating, and monitoring logistics and purchasing operations such as warehousing, inventory, transportation, port logistics and all supply chain processes
- Identify and lead strategic supplier efforts including identification, selection negotiations, contract process and implementation to meet all requirements for legal, safety, ethics, quality, delivery, costs, and cash.
- Manage costs and cash flow through pricing, term improvements, payment options, MR&O, and freight.
- Develop and perform audit and review process of current suppliers for compliance to terms, conditions, performance and engagement standards, risk identification and mitigation.
- Collaborate with multiple-functional managers to implement proper sourcing practices and policies, develop plant level sourcing objectives.
- Support the Manufacturing, Engineering, and administrative departments with supplier and/ or product data as needed.
- Uphold company policies and execute on other duties as assigned.
- This position requires a bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, logistics, or engineering (Industrial, Mechanical, or Manufacturing) or equivalent.
- Must have a minimum of three to five years of experience in logistics, supply chain management, or materials management role.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal & written) with internal/external clients
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Access. Knowledge in SQL and ability to program Macros (VBA) is a plus.
- Ability to aggregate, manipulate, and automate data
- Data-driven, fact-based, detail-oriented
- approach to analysis and problem solving
- Strong Project Management skills and ability to work independently within a team environment
- Demonstrated experience with sourcing, supply chain management, manufacturing
- Demonstrated experience using Lean Manufacturing toolsets
- APICS certification is highly preferred
Alabama Graphite Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer– and a drug – free workplace