Position: Human Resources Coordinator
Division: Alabama Graphite Products, LLC
Location: Kellyton, AL, United States
Date posted: 2/4/2022
GENERAL PURPOSE: The Human Resource Coordinator is responsible for recruiting, training, onboarding, and development of teammates This role will be responsible for research, develop, and implementing effective recruiting and staffing strategies to attract a diverse pool of qualified and capable talent for the organization. This role will also be responsible for creating, developing, implementing, and conducting training and development programs for teammates. The Human Resources Coordinator will share job responsibilities with the Payroll/Benefits Coordinator. The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for plans being administered in accordance with federal and state regulations and that plan provisions are followed. This role provides administrative support to the human resource function as needed, including record-keeping, file maintenance and HRIS entry.
Safety is the most important part of all jobs with Alabama Graphite Products. Candidates must be able to demonstrate safety (ability to uphold safety policies, practices, and procedures), cost management and integrity at all times.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops, facilitates, and implements all phases of the recruitment process.
- Identifies and implements efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies based on the available role, industry standards, and the needs of the organization.
- Schedules interviews; oversees preparation of interview questions and other hiring and selection materials.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and company policies.
- Attends and participates in college job fairs and recruiting sessions.
- Assesses training and development needs through surveys, interviews, focus groups, and communication with managers, and instructors.
- Creates, organizes, plans, and presents various forms of onboarding, orientation, and skills training for teammates.
- Presents training and development programs using various forms and formats including group discussion, lecture, simulations, and videos.
- Maintains records of training and development activities, attendance, results of tests and assessments, and retraining requirements.
- Assesses training materials prepared by instructors.
- Maintains knowledge of the latest trends in training and development.
- Preform back-up duties for the Payroll/Benefits Coordinator
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field and/or equivalent experience.
- At least two years related experience required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Working understanding of human resource principles, practices, and procedures.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Alabama Graphite Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer– and a drug – free workplace