Position: Accounts Payable/Receivable Clerk
Division: Alabama Graphite Products, LLC
Location: Kellyton, AL, United States
Date posted: 6/17/2022
The Accounts Payable/Receivable Clerk will be responsible for monitoring the outflow of capital for Alabama Graphite Products, LLC as well as ensuring that payments are received for goods and services that are provide to clients.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
- Receives and verifies expense reports; reconciles expense and other financial reports with account balances and other office records.
- Facilitates payment of vendors, which may include verification of federal ID numbers, reviewing purchase orders, and resolving discrepancies.
- Ensures outstanding obligations are credited upon payment, identifies discount opportunities, and issues purchase order amendments or stop-payment orders as needed.
- Assists with accounting records and ledgers by reconciling monthly statements and transactions, to include financial journal entries. Prepares, posts, verifies, and records customer payments and transactions related to accounts receivable.
- Creates invoices according to company practices; submits invoices to customers.
- Maintains and updates customer files, including name or address changes, mergers, or mailing attentions.
- Creates reports regarding the current status of customer accounts as requested.
- Researches customer discrepancies and past-due amounts with the assistance of the Collections Manager and other staff.
- Assists in generating monthly billing statements based on the general ledger.
- Records entry of, verifies documentation for, and distributes petty cash.
- Calculates and reports sales tax based on paid invoices.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Must be reliable and extremely trustworthy.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related programs.
- Must be able to learn other accounting software systems.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidential and meticulous records.
Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree or pursuing Bachelors Degree in Business or Accounting preferred.
- At least 2 years of related experience preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Alabama Graphite Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer– and a drug–free workplace