Position: Plant Engineer
Division: Alabama Graphite Products, LLC
Location: Kellyton, AL, United States
Date posted: 6/17/2022
Basic Job Functions:
Works closely with the Engineering and Procurement (EP) contractor during the detailed design phase and the Construction Management Team during the construction phase of the graphite production facility. Will review detailed engineering plans, make improvements, provide comments, and evaluate specifications for equipment. Responsible for creating and modifying standard operating procedures for plant operations. This position reports to Vice President, Operations.
- Understand the required components and/or systems during the design and construction phase to make sure the system operates as expected during operations.
- Establishing standards and policies for pollution control, installation, modification, quality control, testing, operating procedure, inspection, and maintenance of equipment, according to engineering principles and safety regulations.
- Tests newly installed machines and equipment to ensure fulfillment of contract specifications. Research, plan, and design mechanical and electromechanical products and systems, and directs and coordinates activities involved in fabrication, operation, application, installation, and repair of mechanical or electromechanical products and systems. Develop construction designs, bids, schedules, budgets, and work plans for approval.
- Procure materials as necessary to complete the implementation of projects.
- Coordinate with the plant manager to ensure proper construction and operation of production equipment.
- Monitor and catalog production data.
- Bachelor of Science in an engineering discipline (Preferably Mechanical) with 5+ years experience.
- Critical thinking
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with co-workers, supervisor, management, and department head staff and various agency personnel.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing with a wide range of people.
- Computer drafting skills
- Ability to read and develop construction and P&ID drawings
- Ability to maintain projects on schedule and budget.
- Experience with the construction of piping/valves/motors and electrical systems
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Professional engineering license or EIT
Alabama Graphite Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer– and a drug–free workplace